Wednesday, April 6, 2011

All Things Avs Blog: Dater gets with the program re: the draft

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/04/01/nhl-draft-scouting-lists-filtering-out-who-do-the-avs-take/6828/

After three or four previous blog entries dealing with the draft, varying from "poorly researched" to "just plain stupid," Dater finally decides to put on his reporter pants, and offers a decent overview of the upcoming entry draft, and how the Avalanche's  nearly-guaranteed top-3 pick can best be used to address their copious needs.

A few weeks ago, Dater blogged that the Avs had only two choices, really: the Swedes Larsson or Landeskog. This time, however, he has finally gotten around to doing some research, and includes Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in the list of top-ranked picks. Better very, very late than never, I suppose. Although we disagree on who the Avs should pick (Dater likes Landeskog, I think Larsson), I made many of the points in my March 18th blog that Dater makes here on April 1. Not that I'm going out of my way to point that out, or anything.

Props to Dater for doing his homework before posting this time. I don't expect the same level of analysis in the blog that I would in an article, so for what it is, this one gets a good grade.

A-

No comments:

Post a Comment